Riseley is fortunate in that we have a beautiful network of footpaths around us linking to surrounding places of interest and villages. Over the years we have explored these paths, struggled across muddy fields and wobbly stiles and at times lost our way. These pages are, in part, the results of our endeavours. However the fresh air, the wildlife, fauna and the changing views across the countryside as the seasons change are the greater reward.
There is much to see and enjoy out there in the countryside.
Always remember ‘The Countryside Code’
Respect – Protect – Enjoy
Respect other people
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Leave gates and property as you find them and follow paths unless wider access is available
Protect the natural environment
- Leave no trace of your visit and take your litter home
- Keep dogs under effective control
Enjoy the outdoors
- Plan ahead and be prepared
- Follow advice and local signs